Wednesday, March 25, 2009

it was loud!!!

This was during my long days in a critical project. It had been a dream to leave home early from office. Everybody in the team was working so hard to meet the deadlines. On the very first day when I joined that project I was asked to stay back till a particular time. It was followed by all the team members in that project.

Once when I had finished all my work an hour in advance, I had decided to leave.
Since my manager was sitting with one of my team mates in the next chair, I was not very comfortable to walk out of the place. At the same time, I had to leave as I had some personal work... I packed my bag and silently started from my place. As I was afraid that my phone will start ringing and it would draw my manager's attention, I then put it in silent mode.

I usually use a pouch to keep my phone to prevent scratches. The mistake I made before keeping the phone back is that, I did not lock my keypad. My phone being XpressMusic has keys on sides too. When I was about to keep the phone back in the pouch, the 'play' key was pressed accidentally and the song "Khuda jaane" started with full volume.. It was such an embarrassment the whole floor started looking at me!!!! some thought it was my ring-tone. My manager burst into laughter as he had seen all my efforts to leave early and said "Bye, go soon, else you will miss your bus". I literally ran from there not because I will miss my bus, but to save my face....

No comments:

Post a Comment